Saturday, February 28, 2009

JET LAG!!

This post will be short, because there isn't much to write today. I experienced jet lag. Even though I slept well during the night, I couldn't get my internal clock to change. I pretty much slept all morning and afternoon. It's weird. Hopefully it clears up.

I spoke with a Rockwell person today. Her name is Jennifer. She is coming to the hotel tomorrow (Sunday) to introduce herself and establish an agenda for my visit. It'll be nice to meet someone local and get a little bit of a show around town.

The TV gets five channels in English. There is an HBO, Starz, ESPN (although strange content from time to time), Nat Geo and some other sports channel. There's a Rugby Tourney coming on the sports channel sometime tomorrow. I hope to catch a little of it!

I've started reading a book on FDR that my brother Wade gave me. So far so good! I've got several books to read over the course of my stay. I've also started a second one called Quicksilver that my friend Tozzi gave me. (When I say I've started, maybe a chapter each) I'm also going to try to read War and Peace over this trip. We'll see how it goes!

I had room service today. I had a hamburger. This is the funny part. Everyone that's been to China has said they miss being able to have a hamburger or sandwich. I understand now. The sandwich looks like a burger, but the taste is off. It's hard to describe, but it definitely doesn't taste like a hamburger. I don't mean to imply that it tasted bad, it just didn't taste like it should...and yes it was beef. Even the fries tasted a little weird, and this is at a 5-Star hotel! I think I'm going to stay with the local stuff from here on out. Stick with what they know how to cook.

That's all that happened today. I know it isn't much, but that jet lag was a sleeping machine! Hopefully it's better tomorrow!

OH! One last thing. The smog here is very noticable. It kind of hangs in the sky. It should have been a partly cloudy day, but all you could see were some clouds hanging behind a haze. It's not terrible, but you can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment