Sunday, May 3, 2009

Getting Close

The trip is almost over. I spent the whole weekend checking out things in Dalian. Jerry was nice enough to take me around and show me some of the different things. We went to Tiger Beach, which has an aquarium, beach area, battle ship, and a pier on a cove. That was really cool.
A funny thing at Tiger Beach. The swimming area had a guy selling kids rides in plastic balls. The kid gets zipped up in them and can run on top of the water. The ball doesn't seem to be THAT big and I wondered how the kid was suppose to get more air. Jerry asked the guy, he told him that they don't stay in it long enough to be a problem. However there is nothing keeping the kid from pushing that ball way out into the water. It just looked like a train wreck waiting to happen.
I also went and saw an area of Dalian that has old Russian style buildings, from when Russia owned Dalian. It was pretty cool. It's filled with street vendors who are selling a bunch of stuff...Once again I found myself negotiating for things I didn't even want...I'm beginning to think I have a problem. I can't help it! I see the street vendors and I get excited to bargain! I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back to the States.
I know I'm getting good. Jerry was amazed at the price I got for something. He said, "Wow! I can't get that price...you good."
"That's how Daddy walks Jerry."
We had dinner at a new restaurant in Dalian. It's called Life Is Good BBQ. It was pretty sweet. Jerry loves the place! He looked like Pavlov's Dogs as we waited for a table. I thought I was going to have to hold him down. He was excited.
While we were at dinner, Jerry had the waitress bring a special sauce for me to try. He said it was REALLY spicy. I have yet to have anything in China that is so hot I can't stand it. I know it exists somewhere, but I haven't found it....and I don't like things blazing hot..so I know it's not me. The sauce was warm...not hot. I made Jerry eat a banana pepper...it was hilarious! He starts fanning his mouth, "Holy Moly! That hot!" He grabs his beer and starts drinking.
My jaw about dropped, "Jerry! It's a banana pepper, they're not hot."
"Yes" That made me laugh
So I'm down to my last 3 days in China. I'm very excited to come home, but sad to leave. I've met a lot of nice people and enjoyed my travel.
Here are some pics from the weekend.

SWEET!
Hungry?
Kid in the ball. That string isn't very long, and the guy isn't holding the other end. Hilarious!
Shot of the cove. The battleship was sweet! We went on it.
This is the front entrance to Tiger Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment