Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Bit of a Snag

For some reason the Google blog site is blocked, as well as Face book, both of these were available my last trip to China. I think it has something to do with what’s going on in Egypt. So I’ll be sending my blogs in a word document, then have someone else post them. Letter’s From the Birmingham Jail style!

The flight over was interesting. I had a kid that was either retarded or autistic sitting behind me. He was letting out massive wails for the first hour of the flight, running up and down the aisles…just general chaos! He and his parents were sitting in First Class. It was extremely annoying. I think the stewardess told them they were going to have to get hold of the child or give up their seats in First Class, because suddenly it got a lot quieter. THANK YOU!
I tell that quick detail to drop a free advertisement for Bose QC15 headphones. These are noise reduction headphones. They are the best I’ve ever tried! Wonderful! When you first put them on, the jet roar is instantly gone. You can still hear people, but just barely. Once you start watching a movie or listening to music, you can no longer hear anything. They are just wonderful! If you travel a lot…drop the 300 bucks, you won’t be disappointed!
Being able to fly business class international is just the best! Even though I’d done it before, it’s still the coolest! It has leg room for miles, seat turns into a bed, private TV’s, you can’t touch the ceiling or the seat in front of you when you stretch! It’s just great! The food is great! Just the perfect way to travel! Also, the plane I was on was a Boeing 777.
One funny thing I found on the plane. The first time I got up to use the bathroom I had to use the one in the front of the plane; the one on the side was in use. I walk up front (Which was the distance of a regular Canadian Regional Jet), and there are two bathrooms. I checked them both, typical bathrooms, small airline bathrooms….maybe a couple inches larger than the standard…..well….the second time I had to use the bathroom, I used the one closer to my seat..XANADU! This thing was huge! It had a mock wooden floor, baby changing shelf between the toilet and the sink. It was massively huge by airline standards. You could’ve parked a wheelchair in there with room to spare. It was great! The mock wooden floor was a nice touch!
There was a bunch of in flight movies to choose from. I watched Wall Street 2 (Horrible) and The American (Horrible). So that killed 4 hours.
So the flight went on and I decided to get some sleep. I popped a sleeping pill and was out…now here’s where it gets interesting…I woke up, must have looked at my watch wrong, thought I had another 5 or 6 hours until we landed. So I popped another sleeping pill and went to sleep. Well whatever that did, the next thing I know the stewardess is waking me up to put my chair back up. I am completely dragging, not sure what’s going on….so I put up my chair. We are landing! I immediately pass back out. Once we land, the lady next to me wakes me up again. I am so buzzed from the sleeping pill that I can barely stand up. I manage to get my backpack out of the overhead. I must have looked like a stumbling drunk coming off the plane! (Not that I haven’t before) I was bobbing from left to right, managed to make it to the baggage claim area. I almost fell into the luggage return; my legs were like jello at this point. I really don’t remember too much. Started stumbling out of customs…looking for a guy holding a sign with my name on it…FOUND HIM! He takes my bags, looks at me funny, like I’m going to fall asleep right there. There was actually no traffic on the way to the hotel, no crazy driving, although I was fading in and out of sleep. We got to the hotel, checked in, and BOOM landed on the bed. Woke up at 7:30 local time…not sure where I was or how I got there. (Pieced it back together over coffee and dumplings.) I’m on my way to meet the local team at 1:00. They are sending a car for me…should be fun! We’ll see what it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment