Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Return To The Middle Kingdom!

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to the Pudgy Panda blog! Here at the Panda we bring you all the news that's fit to print (In my opinion).

I'm sitting in the Delta Sky Lounge in Detroit's airport. This is a nice perk of international travel! It's quite, has food and drink, places to work...or type blogs, etc....

This time my flight leaves Detroit and lands in Shanghai. It's a direct flight of 15 hours. I'm not on a 747 this time, although my plane is big enough. I think it's a 767? Maybe? Only one level, but I will be on a 747 on my return flight. I'm leaving on 2/8 and return on 3/6.

It will be interesting to see what I think of China now that I've been once, where everything isn't so new. Maybe it will all be new again? The place continues to grow at incredible rates! Who knows? That's half the fun.

I brought two suitcases, one is half empty, all the more room for souvenirs! (Chairman Mao gifts for everyone!). I have Saturday in Shanghai, so I'll probably hit the pearl market at the beginning of the trip. I can't wait to start negotiating! I thought of practicing in front of the mirror...just to bone up on it :)

I have a newer camera this time! So I can take some video while I'm there...maybe some crazy cabby's, maybe some scooters...who knows...maybe a guy driving a donkey.....maybe Goldmember (Dare to dream).

I'll continue when I reach the other side of the world...STAY TUNED!

2 comments:

  1. Jeff arrived safe and sound, but apparently is having issues accessing the blog. Don't worry, our panda is also quite wily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better pick out something nice for Gena and I. I have a very nice Scotch in my bag. You want it, you're going to have to up the Ante.

    ReplyDelete