Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catch Up Time!

Hello!

It's been a while since I got to actually write a blog. It's been a whirlwind since I left Dalian. I flew into Beijing last Friday night.

Beijing is definitely the place you want to visit in China. It's just amazing! There is so much to see! Everywhere you go you see new and exciting things!

I think my favorite thing in Beijing was The Forbidden City! It's so cool! Everything in there is just fun to look at. Having an English speaking guide is definitely worth the money. You understand so much more of what is going on.

The Great Wall was a lot of fun too! The drive out to the country side was fun. You round a certain bend and then you start seeing pieces of the wall. I've wanted to go to the Great Wall since I was 6 or 7 years old, so it was like a dream come true! It's very steep where we went. I thought we were going to have it easy because we took a cable car. Well, that just gets you to a certain point, then the real climbing starts. Still it was unbelievable to be standing there.

Another thing, the barbarians that the Chinese were trying to keep out must have been crazy S.O.B.'s. The mountain side where we were is extremely steep and rough. I can't believe that people came that way enough to even build a wall.

Tienanmen Square was also an experience. It's just neat to stand there. The giant picture of Chairman Mao is GREAT! I'm a sucker for any Chairman Mao souvenirs. I can't help myself! It's hard to say no!

Once the weekend was over, I went to meetings on Monday at our Beijing office. It's a really nice office in a large building directly across the street from our hotel. After lunch Woody and I headed to Tainjin. It's a large city east of Beijing. I think 9 or 10 million people in it? We came here to make sales calls on Proctor & Gamble.

It's a fun town. Woody took me to a market here. I can't remember the name of it, but it had a lot of traditional Chinese buildings with shops built into them. It was fun just walking around looking at the different things.

Today we went to P&G and met with several of the key people at the plant. I made a couple presentations and we discussed RAAMP in China. I think it went well, we have some more meetings scheduled with other team leaders tomorrow.

I promise more later, but I have some work to get done...and need some sleep! Here's some more pics from the trip.


MY MAN! Chairman Mao!
They got rid of the old school rickshaws, so now they have them attached to bikes....still a bad day for this guy! He enjoyed it though.



Old building located in the second ring of Beijing.

Great Wall, smog is free.



Sweet looking building in the old part of town.




Original piece of the old city wall. There are several pieces of it throughout the second ring.





More Great Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment