Saturday, April 11, 2009

Panda sees family!

Hello everyone! I made it safe to Beijing! WOW! What a great place! If you come to China, you can't miss Beijing. It's so much better than anywhere else in China.

This is going to be a short blog. Here are some pictures. I'll describe more once I'm done site seeing this weekend. I ate Peking Duck at the restaurant that Bush and Nixon went to. It's AWESOME!!!! I'm going to the original sometime this weekend or next weekend.

I went to the Zoo, Forbidden City, and Tienanmen Square. I'm going to the Great Wall tomorrow.

I'd say my favorite thing is The Forbidden City, so far. It's unbelievable...especially with a tour guide. Tienanmen Square is cool...actually with the sweet hat it was a lot of fun too..

These pictures are in reverse. I took over 180 pics today. So here's a few...AMAZING!


Me and random Chinese people in Tienanmen Square. I was like a rock star there! Serious! I bet I posed for 25 different pictures. Kind of tiring but hilarious! I bought the Chinese Military hat for 20 RMB...about 3 dollars. It took me 20 minutes to get her down there. She started the bidding at 150RMB...or about 21 dollars. Every time I took a picture, I wore it! The hat is great!





Tienanmen Square, a monument to soldiers who fought in wars.



Woody! He works for Rockwell, he was my tour guide! Great guy! I made him put the hat on.


This is right after I bought the hat. That's the big picture of Chairman Mao behind me. It's across the street! It's awesome!




Cool little creek thing we passed on the way to get the car.





Palace Garden in the Forbidden City



Are you the gate keeper? ZOUL!!! This Lion protects the Emperor...there are two of them








Leaving the Forbidden City. The last Emperor hung himself in the building at the top of the hill.




Throne of the Emperor.




This is a hand carved, stone slab of dragons. We got a English speaking tour guide. That was huge! Made it much more enjoyable.


Another place the Emperor chills.

The first building inside the gate.












Woody and I inside the entrance to the Forbidden City

Shot from the entrance.


Another Zoul keeper. This one is on the outside.







Outside the front Entrance.




Giant Tiger statue in the Zoo. The thing is huge!!!


Sweet looking White Tiger with stripes.

Entrance to a city park near the Forbidden City. We had lunch in the park. There is one restaurant in the park. It serves food that the Emperor ate in one of the dynasty's. Funny side note. The hotel in Dalian I stayed at made a point of showing this place on their info-mercial channel. I was asking Woody about it Friday night...he had no idea what I was talking about, then he brings me to it on Saturday. Hilarious! Good food. I tried Camel here. Had no idea it was until Woody told me. Not bad.



Sweet Monkey


Woody and me in front of the Panda direction sign.



That's what I'm talking about!




Woody's daughter and I. There is a Panda in the background. I'm holding a stuffed Panda that I bought for my niece Addison! I bought it at the Beijing Zoo gift shop. I call it Addi Bear. I bought one for Woody's daughter too!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! It looks like you are having a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Schmoove. Great pics! I wish I could see all of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete