Thursday, April 16, 2009

Left Tianjin

I left Tianjin this afternoon. I really liked that place. It's big, was fun, and cleaner than I expected...except for the smog.

We completed our sales calls for RAAMP at a P&G plant. I think they went well, hopefully we will see some new business. I think it looks very promising. The neat part about our business is that no one is really doing it in China right now. So there is SOOOO much opportunity, we just have to make the local team understand how it works and why it's important.....sometimes easier said than done.

I did have to sit through one meeting today where a guy didn't speak any English. That was a painfully long meeting....just because you don't know what is going on! But! Woody said it went very well, so that's good!

I'm back in Beijing now. I have a busy day tomorrow, then on the weekend I hope to see: Dali Llama temple, Ming Tombs, Silk City, and Night pics of the Olympic facilities.

Then it's off to Shanghai again!

Here are some pics of Tainjin.





Enterance into the Asian Market
Inside a really cool night club. We stopped here for a drink because Tony wanted to show me. Tony is a RA sales guy. He is on the right. The place is actually really dark when you walk in. The lamps are lit really low with a heavy orange tint. It is REALLY cool.




Outside of the bar




Looking down the Asian Market Street


Still looking further down the streets. There are shops on both sides. They are selling all kinds of stuff. Some of it looks to be fairly legit...some not so much. A lot of the shops were closed because it was after 5. Apparently some of them keep American hours. Most people in China seem to work till 6 or 7 at night.



This is another entrance to the Asian Market, really cool place to walk around.

2 comments:

  1. You are gong to be so bored when you get home! Sounds like you are having lots of fun! Be sure to stop by and visit when you come back to MI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeff

    Thanks for all the great post. I love the pictures! What a great experience for you. Take care and keep up the great stories.
    Amy Gray

    ReplyDelete